Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Today was a really good day! Joe and I decided that we were going to take a breather day, and go on an all day date. I think it was just what we needed. I woke up optimistic and totally excited to "live a little." We've worked so hard lately, and put alot of pressure on ourselves to make tons of progress very quickly...today it was such a gift to simply "be". Or, as one of my favorite authors, Matthew Kelly, would put it, we took time for "carefree timelessness"

So yes, we took off to, you guessed it...the beach! The sun was shining, it was a glorious 28 degree Celsius day, we packed our bags and took off for the train. It is only about a 1.5 km walk along the train tracks from where we are living to the Eltham train station. The last time we walked it we were jumping puddles and I was trying not to whimper from my blisters! This time, though, everything had dried out, and it was a beautiful walk. While we were walking, my handsome hubby's phone rang and, you'll never guess, he got called in for an interview with a sport's marketing company tomorrow. We are SO excited, and he is so nervous (ok, ok, I'm super nervous for him too). The interview is in Carlton, which would be close enough vicinity to my school that we could even travel into the city together daily. How ideal!

Anyhow, I need to make a long story short. Our day consisted of the train, delicious sushi rolls, the tram, a stop for sandwich makings at the iga, lemonade, a picnic, walking on the beach, another tram, and, one of the best parts, meeting up with the amazing Hudec family to watch their boys play hockey at the Icehouse. Isn't Chris just the best Canadian dad in Australia ever? I just LOVED watching teensy John Paul playing with such heart amongst all the big players. We had such a nice visit with Chris and Paula, they are a gorgeous couple, truly generous and Paula calmed so many of my fears. I can't wait to see their family again (Sunday for mass!). We finished the day off with Italian and here we are, home again. Whew, what a good day.



We are truly blessed. It reminds me of a line from a hymn we used to sing at mass, "the wilderness will lead you to your heart, where I will speak." We have felt as though we entered into a sort of wilderness, feeling confused and uncertain about what to do next. Lo and behold, He is showing us the way.

Time to practice for the interview! Pray for us please, we pray for you every day.

Love and prayers,

No comments:

Post a Comment