Sunday, February 9, 2014

Cherish

Dear Ones,

How I miss writing!!

Before Judah was born I was part of a group of mamas from my birth centre. We met a few times to learn and grow together as we prepared for our babies. As each one had her baby and shared her birth story I felt more and more guilty about how beautiful and perfect Judah's birthday had been. Well, needless to say the days since his birth have felt so incredibly difficult, that I don't feel guilty anymore! However, more on that later. Right now I just want to focus on the things about our beautiful baby boy that I will miss and want to remember and cherish.

Sweet Judah I absolutely adore....

- the way you gaze at me and follow me around with your beautiful eyes as though you have the biggest crush on me

Truly, who could resist?
- the way you often can't fall sleep unless your eyes are covered and one of us is holding your hands

- the way your long eyelashes fall on your chubby cheeks and make me swoon

- the way you smile at your big sister whenever she is nearby, even though her way of loving you is, well, hands on :)

Her love for you has only intensified since the day you were born!
- the way you love LOVE to be naked, that as soon as you feel the fresh air you kick and squirm and coo. The only way to describe it would be to say that you rejoice!

- the way that your double chin gets bigger and bigger each morning, I swear it grows overnight

Hey there mama! How's my chin lookin' today??
- our quiet mornings together, you know, the early ones before anyone else who knows what is good for them is awake? It is as though you've missed me desperately and just want to chat, no one will ever know how precious our conversations are because it is just you and me

- how much you love bath time and the first big belly laugh you gave us as I ran the tap water over your head

- how much you love your daddy and how he is the only person who can make you laugh so far, as though he is just the coolest person on earth

- the way you cling to me after I've taken you out of your hated carseat, as though you just need me. While it seems overwhelming to be so needed, what would I do with myself if I weren't?

- the way you've been fragile and gassy and fussy and needy, to remind us that we couldn't just stay the same but that you made us a new and different family, one that is forever better because of your presence (as evidenced by this video in which big sis and mama spend many happy and precious daytime hours singing to you to help your tummy feel better!!)



I love you my darling son. I wouldn't trade these challenging first days for anything, even though they've stretched me to (what has felt like) my limit. You bring such joy to our family. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment