Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Gratitude

On this beautiful sunny Tuesday in February I am feeling so grateful for:

1) 5 incredible, whirlwind years with the man of my dreams! This Valentine's day was 5 years since our very first date. We fed the ducks and ate at delicious Pappasitos Restaurant in Dallas. It is a day I'll never forget, as the person I thought I'd never fall for captured my heart so quickly! Thank goodness God's plans for our lives are so much bigger and better than our own! My still romantic handsome prince snuck out of bed in the middle of the night so that when I got up with Judah at an insanely early hour I would be "showered with flowers." He continues to blow me away with his generosity and selflessness for our family. I am so grateful...

Hundreds of flowers raining down in me in the early morning

2) A sweet and intelligent little 2 year old with an immense imagination and flare for creativity. Our gorgeous Liliana Joy is SUCH a joy! She amazes me with her ability to make believe, make up songs, paint, play dough, dress up, all day long. Joe has made such an incredible effort to foster Liliana's imagination, and I am truly seeing the gift that he has given her.

Working on a painting project with Daddy
3) BioGaia Probiotic Drops. Folks, let me tell you, if your kids aren't on probiotics and seem to have low immune function, maybe give these a try. Of course, there are lots of probiotics on the market but these drops have worked so well for Liliana and Judah. I am seeing major improvements in Judah's tummy since putting them both on these, as well as overall improvement in Liliana's vitality, and it has been well worth the blow to our budget to invest in the really good ones!

4) A 3 month old baby who is full of smiles for all of us. I can't get over how Judah adores his big sister and his daddy. My heart bursts when he follows me around the room with adoring eyes. This week has brought big changes in Judah's overall demeanor and contentedness. While I am still on a severely restricted diet, and recently also cut out all caffeine, I am happy to accept the status-quo right now and let us all get our feet back under us.

Oh mommy, you are soooo funny!

5) The opportunity to work out. After Liliana was born I never worked out, as the baby weight fell right off and our lives were so upside down it never seemed to fit in. However, now it is not so much a matter of weight or fitness, and instead an hour to relax, enjoy, and have FUN. I've started doing an awesome circuit style boot camp twice a week and it is so incredibly rejuvenating (and simultaneously butt-kicking!). On that note, I am grateful for my awesome Mama who watches the wee ones while I work out.

6) The example of my incredible sister, Jocelyn, who has spent the last 6 months working for the family of a terminally ill man. Yesterday, he passed away. Jocelyn has amazed me with her devotion, compassion, courage, and strength as she has served this family above and beyond the call of duty. I know it is because she came to see this man as a dear friend whom she loved deeply. Still, I am amazed by her. On top of it, she is Judah's Godmama. He is one lucky lil boy!!


I will leave it there, as Judah is down for a nap and one very sweet pigtailed delight of a 2 year old is waiting to read stories. How blessed am I?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment