Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Baby-moons and Computer Woes

Our Dear Ones, how I've missed writing to you all!  I looked back on my blogs and it has been one month and 6 days since I last wrote. So much has happened, but in the interest of avoiding a novel, I will only write about two of them.

Computer woes! Yes, we can blame the death of my poor old faithful Toshiba for my inability to write. Ever since arriving in Australia our appliances and electronics have, one by one, died. I think that they have a hard time handling the wattage difference, even with a converter. It started with my big curling iron, which wilted like a wet noodle one day when I went to pick it up and curl my hair. BAD sign!!! It melted. It was followed by my straightener and blow dryer, until, finally one day the computer had had enough also. Unfortunately, it has a bit of an attitude, so if I even try to coax it into starting it sparks and smokes. No, there is no salvaging old faithful. Alas! Thanks for your patience in waiting for updates.

Now for the exciting topic! My dear and romantic husband planned us a little baby-moon! We had the most glorious night away in a beautiful 5 star hotel in downtown Melbourne. Can you imagine, the hotel room was bigger than our house! It had a beautiful kitchen area and a BATH WITH JACUZZI!!! I've been yearning for a bath my entire pregnancy, and so, get ready...I had two baths in one night :) There is something glorious about feeling weightless in the water. I think I'll probably remember how good those baths felt for a long time!

We got all dressed up and had drinks in the lounge. Oh, how glamorous and fancy we felt. It was so fun! It was nice to "escape" for a while. It is not as though our life is difficult or needs escaping, but I think that maybe I was able to enjoy this one night away more than I would have been able to in the past because I've focused so much on appreciating every small gift in our daily existence that this just seemed extravagant and over the top. It was almost too much to take in! After our fancy drinks we finished our night with dinner at a nearby Irish pub that had a live music, and then lay in bed eating peanut mnms and reveling in the luxury. It was perfect! As our train sped away from downtown and towards "real life" Joe and I talked about the fact that we may not have even been able to take one more night away, we felt so spoiled by the one we had been given. Heaven!!

By the way, we booked our hotel room at www.lastminute.com.au. I am not sure if an equivalent exists in North America, but I'd be shocked if it didn't. It is a perfect solution for budget conscious couples, and enabled us to afford a hotel we normally wouldn't have been able. I highly recommend it!

As I write, our little person is snuggled nicely into my ribs. Albeit uncomfortable, I feel like I'm going to miss feeling her move and grow inside of me, I could never have anticipated how much I would love carrying this little one. What a miracle of love! I can't believe we are 3.5 weeks away from our "guess date." I will write a bambino update in our next blog :)

We love you and we miss you! All is well here in Australia, although we certainly wouldn't complain if you were to send some Northern Hemisphere summer our way...it is cold and grey! We think about you every day and pray for you every morning. Thank you for praying for us...

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Your content is really helpful and easy to understand and I’m grateful for your ideas. Inves.tigate your most wated brands discount code here. http://www.bestcouponfor.com/c61/apparel-and-accessories

    ReplyDelete