Wednesday, September 23, 2015

A Boy and His Stuffies

I weaned Judah before we went to Las Vegas. He will be 2 in November. Judah LOVED nursing, day and night. He would choose milk over food any hour. I loved nursing him! I was getting very tired though, as he would want to eat all night long and he was tired and cranky because he was distracted by the fast food drive in sleeping in the same room as him. Weaning is sad. The little ones feel very sad but I think mommy feels more sad! There is something so wonderful about being able to take that quiet moment and snuggle.

However, life goes on, and we find other ways to cuddle and rest. In the meantime, Judah is sleeping like a log all night long (he usually wakes briefly once or twice and just wants to hold my hand for a minute), and I am starting to sleep better also! I think after over 4 years of being up many times in the night, it is hard to just sleep all night again...

The most darling thing about this change is Judah and his stuffed animals. After we read books and say prayers, I give him a kiss and say goodnight. We hear him blabbing away to his beloved stuffies for a few minutes. When it gets quiet, I tiptoe in and he is always sound asleep and snuggling with a few of them. They are very deliberately lined up, with his "Nunny" closest to him. Oh the minutes we lose just staring at our beautiful tender hearted boy with his little arm wrapped around his friends.





Please little boy, stay little! 
I say that with a sigh because I know you have to grow!
May you always have a pure and tender heart, 
and use your hands and arms to make and hold peace and beauty. 
How we love you, Judah!

With Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment