Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Little Tidbits

Dearest Loved Ones, our lives have been so very busy! I am sorry for not writing more...but we've been thinking about all of our loved ones and missing you so very much. We are very well here! The weather has turned cool and crisp, which makes both of us think of Thanksgiving dinner and pumpkin spice lattes, but that is ok we will adjust ;) It is so nice to sleep with the cool, fresh air blowing in the house.

I think I had better put our updates in bullet form or else you will never have time to read anything!

1. We are having a little GIRL! Yesterday Joe and I had an ultrasound (our first one), and we got to see her sweet little face, hands, feet, spine, legs, arms, even teensy bum. We asked the ultrasound tech. to write her sex down and then we went on a lunch date and opened it together. So much fun! Here is a picture of her recent growth spurt ...as seen through Mama's stomach (for those who havn't seen this pic).
 2. My incredible husband has been very busy! He picked up someone's shifts while they are on vacation, thus meaning that he works most days from 6:00 am until 9:30 pm (some days he has a break!). I am just so blessed to have him. For those of you who know Joe, you know how much he likes his sleep. 4:30 am is quite the sacrifice!

3. However, I suppose the mantra "work hard, play hard" could apply to us also! We have been so lucky to meet friends who take such good care of us. We have had dinner with the Hudec family (currently expecting identical twins!), been on a lovely hike out to King Lake with Joe's manager, and even found time for pizza picnics and beer bong (just the two of us) on Saturday night. Also, we went to The Belgian Beer Cafe in St. Kilda with Joe's basketball team. He is playing with such a great group of men and I think we both left there feeling super grateful! Finally, we even made it into the state library on a Saturday to take a look at a children's book illustration exhibit. It was fascinating! Here are some pictures of our trip to the city and beer pong date night. 

 My Handsome Hubby in front of the state Library...this is on Swanston Street in downtown Melbourne!

 I told you his muscles were getting big! How good lookin' is my man? I am a lucky woman! Joe won...even though I was playing with apple juice/soda water. GOSH!
Delicious! Thanks Gin for the Table cloth/picnic blanket...great shower gift!

Anyhow, I should sign off as I am in the library trying to get some school work done. It is difficult now that there is so much cute girl clothes to look at online! Must. Focus. We love you dear friends and loved ones. We miss you and pray for you every day. I hope you are all having a beautiful start to Lent, what a gorgeous and hope-filled season.  XOXO


(AND THE LITTLE LADY)

No comments:

Post a Comment